BNP Paribas – MEA Cookies Notice
The BNP Paribas Group is committed to delivering the best possible service to you while maintaining the confidence that you place in us. In this context, we have adopted strong principles to ensure the protection of your data.
As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use this website and the options to manage and delete cookies.
As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about (i) how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website and/or our mobile application (the “Website” and/or “Application”) and (ii) the options to manage and to delete cookies.
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed on your device when you access our Website and/or use our Application. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers notably to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) persistent, meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website and/or Application in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website and/or Application, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Send you personalised advertising notably based on your browsing history and your preferences on line ;
- Monitor your use of our Website and/or Application in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website and/or Application to your interest and providing more relevant BNP Paribas ads and content to you on non-BNP Paribas websites and non-BNP Paribas applications;
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly);
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website and/or Application (e.g. time zone etc.).
- . What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
The information stored by cookies placed on your device may relate to the following elements, within the limits of their retention period:
- the webpages you have visited on that device;
- The advertisements you clicked on;
- The type of browser you use;
- Your IP address;
- Any other information you have provided on our website or application.
If you enable “remember username” on your browser settings, your login credentials may be stored on your browser even after you have terminated a session on our websites.
Cookies may contain personal data, which is covered by our data protection notice. To view click here to download and read: https://mea.bnpparibas.com/en/data-protection-notice/ .
- What type of cookies do we use?
This Website and/or Application may use any of the following types of cookies:
- Process – Process cookies help make a website function and deliver the services that the website visitor expects to receive, for example navigation and access to secure areas. These cookies are necessary and without them the website will not function properly.
- Preference – Preference cookies allow a website to remember a user’s preferences in relation to the website such as language, font size, currency and region. These cookies enhance a user’s experience.
- Security – Security cookies are used, for example, to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials or protect user data from unauthorised access. These cookies are vital to several of BNP Paribas’ secure websites.
- Analytics – Analytics cookies collect information about how a user interacts with a website. This information may include: the number of users visiting the website, the pages a user visits, the activity of the user on the website and how often the user returns. Some of the information we collect is anonymous statistical data, and some is information about your activities as an individual user. We monitor and track your activities in this way for a variety of lawful purposes, including to provide a better experience for you and improve our websites and application or in compliance with our regulatory and legal obligations.
Cookies used on our Website and/or Applications are classified into different categories.
- Strictly necessary cookies (mandatory)
These cookies are essential for the Website and/or Application to function properly. They may include, for example, cookies which collect session ID and authentication data, cookies that make it possible to personalize the interface of a Website and/or an Application (for example, for the choice of the language or presentation of a service) or some audience measurement cookies. This category also includes cookies that allow us to comply with applicable legal obligations (as the case may be), including ensuring a safe online environment (for example by detecting repeated login failures in order to prevent unauthorized persons from reaching your account).
- Preference cookies (subject to your consent)
These cookies allow us, and our partners, to personalize and offer the content and features of the Website and/or the Application (and in particular the display of our products and services). They are used to improve our Website and/or Application and your user experience.
- Analytics cookies (subject to your consent, except in some circumstances)
These cookies allow us, and our partners, to understand how users arrive on our Website and/or Application, to measure the number of visitors to our Website and/or Application, but also to analyze the way in which visitors browse the Website and/or Application or reconstitute their journey. These cookies may be exempt from consent when they are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website/Application.
- Advertising cookies and tracking cookies (subject to your consent)
There are different categories of cookies used to offer you advertising. Information obtained through advertising cookies is frequently shared with our partners through the use of third-party cookies.
When you select which types of cookies you allow on your device, the cookies may be placed directly by us or by one of our partners. From a practical point of view, this means that when you authorize the installation of certain so-called “third-party” cookies on your device, our partners will also be able to access the information they contain (such as, for example, your browsing statistics when you allow third-party analysis cookies) within the respect of our data protection notice and those of our partners.
We will only process cookies for lawful purposes such as but limited to:
- If you have consented thereto; or
- if the law requires or permits it; or
- if it is required to protect or pursue your, BNP Paribas Group’s or a third party’s legitimate interest (e.g. for fraud prevention).
- fraud, financial crime and other crime prevention, detection or reporting;
- managing and improving security for the BNP Paribas Group (for example to prevent fraudulent use of login details);
- various analytical reasons, e.g. how our Websites and/or Applications are used so that improvements can be made;
- marketing and advertising, for example to decide which solutions (goods, products, services or rewards) users may be interested in and to customise marketing on various applications and websites; and/or
- recognition of users of BNP Paribas Group Websites, Applications, or devices which return to BNP Paribas Group websites.
- Your cookie settings
You may block cookies using the settings in your internet browsing software or device settings. If you decide to block cookies, you may find that you experience interruption or delays to your browsing experience. This may mean you are unable to use or access certain areas of a Website and/or Application.
Note that this Cookie Notice may be updated from time to time.